Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Casting and Q&A

I agree with Christina Ricci being a great choice to play Blue. She definitely harnesses that mysterious aspect as far as looks go.

For Gareth I am torn between Gene Hackman, Robert Redford, and Dennis Quaid. I realize that in reality both Hackman and Redford are a little bit older than Gareth in the novel, but I feel Gene Hackman would be great for acting with the omniscient attitude that Gareth presents, and Robert Redford definitely fits the mold of how, according to what Blue says, Gareth wasn't that handsome when he was younger but he grew into his good looks upon becoming older.

I keep finding myself thinking that Vera Farmiga, the love interest of both detectives in The Departed, would be great for playing Hannah. Mainly because she does a great job with changing her look as far looking sexy/modest/unattractive etc. Just take a look at some of her film stills and press photos and you'll see.
----------------------------------------------------
If anybody wants to check it out, there is a great discussion forum for Special Topics on its amazon.com page. Just search the book and scroll down on its page towards the bottom where it says discussion. There is some interesting input from people in it.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.